Photography

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Love one another.



Last week I read a blog post a women wrote about how annoyed she was at stay at home moms who complain, and how we should feel lucky all the time about being a stay at home mom.  At first I was seriously annoyed. Then, I was offended but, then I realized I in some weird way it made me think. I sometimes complain about the daunting tasks of being a stay at home mom. Sometimes my husband annoys me. Sometimes I do feel like I am failing.  Yesterday my 4 year old took a football and chucked it a foot away as hard as he could at another boy straight to the side of the face. It was those kinds of frustrating moments that question “am I teaching him anything?”  “How he could do such a thing?”  Yesterday, I did stay in my pajamas all day…crap that really happened but, that made me feel worse.  I do complain sometimes. Also, sometimes my husband and I yell and most of the time it is not perfect and all of the time we are working on it. This blog made me feel that this lady “apparently” more perfect than others completely annoyed and judging the person who complains because I am assuming she never has?? What?  This is nonsense.  I will admit it made me motivated so thank you for posting it. I also want to throw out there I have been the working mom. I had the little boy clinging to my mom and dropping him off at day care. I have been there. I also have been the single mom trying to figure out every day how I was going to pay my bills with no one to rely on but, me. I understand.  

We won’t always agree with people, people have their own journey and walk.  But I think when you get something out, vent, talk with a friend whatever your venting source is… you either grow or learn from it. It made me think about complaining and how I should do it less so I honestly am not annoyed anymore. I liked reading it and have some agreements. But, all of us stay at home moms who gripe and complain that give other stay at home moms a “bad reputation” I will disagree. Because the people out there judging people, thinking they are better than others that is what creates bad reputations. To all the “negative Nelly’s” and “negative Neds” out there, I think there is nothing wrong with venting every once in a while because sometimes things do suck that is life, without the bad days we would not know the good. Without the struggle we would not know our strength. It is okay to have bad days. It is okay to feel like things are hard. It’s okay. You are not alone, make tomorrow better don’t judge other people because you don’t know what their struggle was that day. You don’t know if depression is something they struggle with you don’t know. Let us not judge one other. Love one another and have compassion for the woman who struggles. Maybe be the person who they feel they can talk to that day. Tell them it will get better, maybe offer to give them a break, all I know is that judging others, thinking you are better ,that you complain less, your stronger or tougher is not what it’s about. My challenge is to replace judgments with love. I promise if you help someone else that downer will be a little less of one because sometimes all we need is someone to talk to.  In agreement being a stay at home mom is a blessing and I would have to say even on the bad days we would not trade them, even when children are driving us to madness, and our husbands seem to not notice anything until it is not done.  I would say that most of us would never ever trade it for the world. The hardest things in life are usually the most rewarding. No one is saying that. We are being real and honest and raw and that’s okay. So, to the lady of the posting I am one of those stay at home moms that complain sometimes because it’s hard sometimes, and my guess is sometimes you complain too.  So let’s all be honest here.  We ARE the “most privileged species on the planet”, I will not disagree with you there, I am content, I love my children, I love my husband but sometimes I have a bad day.  And to all the stay at home moms that do, I would love to hear about it and its okay I will listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment